JAZZ, IMPROVISE, INNOVATE!
CULTIVATING A CULTURE OF CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION: LEARNING FROM JAZZ IMPROVISATION
TEDxOrangeCoast Salon is an intimate gathering of peers; today’s most influential leaders in our community to help spark deep conversation and connection.
In this jazz-focused conversation, we’ll use improvisation to reframe how we impact relationships to build support for innovation. Innovation is not random. In fact, it emerges best when there is a structure to nurture it, much like jazz in the world of music.
Wynton Marsalis describes jazz as “the art of managing change without losing the focus on substance”.
Confirmed special guests:
- Kary Mullis, TED Speaker, Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- Sheron Wray, TEDx Speaker, choreographer and director
- Paul Weiss, Leading American Nanoscientist
- TEDxOC Salon – March 13, 2014 is a past event.
- Date: March 13, 2014 from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM
- Location: Los Olivos Village, Irvine
- Refreshments: Light dinner and drinks will be served.